Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Bully

I posted the status on my facebook today as:

"I am beginning to think that it was not too smart to name my son Aiden which means "little fire" when his last name is burns... double whammy and I am paying for it now!!!"

I am starting to wonder how much influence a name has on a personality... wait, Katherine means "pure"... never mind.

Aiden has become SO demanding these days. I am trying to allow him to make some decisions on his own and do things on his own but sometimes it is just exhausting. We ate Mexican out with some friends the other night and there were peppermint patties at the register. He started telling me that he wanted one and I reminded them that he didn't like them because they made his mouth hot. He kept on and kept on so I got his Lightning McQueen wallet out of my purse and give him a quarter. He went back inside the restaurant and got his peppermint. Brought it back outside, took one bite, waited for a minute then handed it to me saying "I don't like it". A couple on the bench down from us had been listening to our conversation and busted out laughing. He just HAD to figure it out on his own... we all got a good giggle out of it until Aiden looked up at me and said "I don't find this very funny". Which of course made me want to laugh even harder.

He has started grabbing my face and pointing it in the direction HE wants it to. If I am not paying attention to what he needs he makes me look at him. If he is trying to show me something he directs my face that way. He is demanding all day long! Wanting more milk, wanting to watch Spongebob, nope changed his mind and wants "Penguins-a-gascar", wants to play monster trucks, wants to ride his bike, HAS to help fold clothes (or destroy the stack I have made), wants to go and see Mr. Scarlett (neighbor), makes me sit down on the couch so he can lay on me and twist the bottom of my shirt. I am being bullied by a 3 year old!!! For some odd reason, the "pweeses" and "i love you mommy"'s make it worth being picked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment