Friday, September 18, 2009

Shoes can't talk


I have been thinking back on some of the funny things that Aiden has done so I can get this blog rolling. I though back to our last trip to Farmville, VA to see my grandparents and go to my cousin Amy's wedding. Alan, Aiden and I all slept together in a queen size bed at my grandparents. That Saturday morning Aiden woke up and sat straight up and said "I need a fishing pole". I tried not to laugh and asked him again what he needed. He said "I need to fish, I need a fishing pole". We talked for a minute about it and then went about our morning. This need to "fish" became an obsession of his. It was all he could talk about. My sister in law Mandy, being the angel she is, decided to take him out side and see if she could get his mind off of fishing. Before I knew it they were outside with a stick and a vine tied to it for rope looking for "fishing ponds" in the back yard. Anywhere Mandy pointed Aiden ran with his pole. After about 10-15 minutes of this Aiden stopped in his tracks and said "this is not a fishing pole... this is a stick". Threw it on the ground and proceeded back to the house. Well, it gave us a few moments of peace.

There was another time when I had been getting poor reports on his behavior at school. I decided it might be time to start the bribery tactic. We were in Walmart later that evening and I came across some Lightening McQueen tennis shoes. This went completely against my rule of no light or character shoes... ever. The things I will do for the possibly of a well behaved child and the risk of being completely disowned by my brother Adam (the shoe critic). The next morning we were walking into school with our new Lightening McQueen shoes on and I was explaining to him that if he didn't behave that Lightening was going to report back to me after school and that he was not going to be able to wear these shoes the next day. I was promply told, with a very seroius face "Mommy, my shoes don't talk".

How quickly things become reality... even at such a young age. He did finally get his chance to catch that fish!






No comments:

Post a Comment