Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Only when the sun comes up

Quick update:
Had Aidens 3 year check up 9/25/09. Weighed 40 lbs and is 41 inches tall. 97th percentile for height and weight. Dr. Wiese is predicting he will be around 6'3. Wow. I am going to be looking up to him before I know it.

I have decided that when Aiden wants to get up at 3am and go watch cartoons the best thing is to blame someone/thing else and tell him that we are not allowed to get up until the sun comes up. If "I" tell him that he can't, he will argue.. but I can't control the sun!! He has been waking up with the most random thought lately. Last night he told me at 2am that he wanted some beef jerky. A few nights before that he said he wanted a cupcake maker (one he had seen on TV). Am I not feeding my child enough that he dreams about food?? He is going to turn into oatmeal as much as he is eating these days. Panthers played last night and he got all excited wanting to get on his dads shoulders as he had before and yell "Go Panthers"! I let him watch a bit of the game (I know, I know... it was late) and then we went and laid down and watched a few more minutes of the game. During this short time the Panthers scored (surprise) and I yelled "yeah Panthers!" from upstairs to Alan who was sitting down stairs. Aiden sat up, very quickly pointed his little finger in my face and said "mommy, your yelling hurt my ears and we can not yell Go Panthers until the sun comes up". I stood corrected and could not help but laugh. Guess I need to practice what I preach!

No comments:

Post a Comment